Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tofu recipes for a picky omnivores?

I'd like to introduce a little tofu into my life and have a few more meatless dinners. Kid-friendly and gluten free would be best. But if you have a great ';gluten-y'; recipe I can probably work around it.Tofu recipes for a picky omnivores?
Well I am a huge Tofu fan (and not a veg~anymore~) anyway I use tofu at least 3x a week and my family loves it. The first thing you should do is track down an Asian Market that carries more than the 3 types of tofu we westerners are used to seeing (soft/medium/firm) there is so much more peruse this site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu) and there are some really good full tofu recipes here (http://soyfoods.com/recipes/index.html) I incorporate tofu in dishes we already enjoy - for example I use silken tofu for 1/2 the egg value in a quiche and I use crumbled tofu for 1/2 the value of cheese in lasagna and I will even press tofu into service for homemade tofu ice cream. Personally I try to incorporate it into recipes I am familiar with and use only the occasional full blown tofu dish usually from a Japanese cook book so I know it will be exotic and flavorful. Good Luck!Tofu recipes for a picky omnivores?
Tofu is nasty...but you can make tofu any thing..tofu has no flavor and takes on what ever flavor you cook with it...





Example: Chicken...Use the tofu mixed with chicken broth...the tofu will taste just like the broth...





But beware, there is a weird taste to it..and the texture is weird also..





and good luck getting kids to eat it...

No comments:

Post a Comment