Sunday, December 20, 2009

Do you have any good tofu recipes?

I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and my doctor recommends that I eat tofu. I am not the biggest fan of tofu. With foods I don't eat, I force myself to eat it and I eventually like it. So how do I cook tofu? What are some good tofu recipes? Thanks!Do you have any good tofu recipes?
I'm a newbie with tofu, but I tried this today and it was pretty good: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broccoli-To鈥?/a> I added onions and I didn't use Thousand Island Dressing--I did half a pita with Vegenaise, half with Roasted Garlic Hummus, and later a half plain. They all were pretty good.





I've also tried this before: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/breakfast鈥?/a> I forgot to crumble the tofu and I didn't use the last four ingredients, but it was still very good.Do you have any good tofu recipes?
Tofu, greens %26amp; cashew stir-fry


Ingredients


1 tbsp vegetable oil


1 head broccoli, cut into small florets


4 garlic cloves,sliced


1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced


1 bunch spring onions, sliced


140g soya beans


2 heads pak choi, quartered


2x 150g packs marinated tofu pieces


1 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce


1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce


25g roasted cashews





1 Heat the oil in a non-stick wok. Add the broccoli, then fry on a high heat for 5 minutes or until just tender, adding a little water if it begins to catch.





2 Add the garlic and chilli, fry for 1 minute, then toss through the spring onions, soya beans, pak choi and tofu. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the hoisin, soy and nuts to warm through.
This is sooooo good!








Sweet %26amp; Sour Pineapple Tofu








录 Cup Vinegar


2 陆 cups Sweet %26amp; Sour Sauce (I like the VH brand)


1 鈥?2 cans Pineapple tidbits including juice


戮 cup Ketchup


陆 cup Sweet pickle relish


1 tsp. Soy Sauce


2 packages Plain, firm tofu








Combine all ingredients except tofu.


Cut tofu in cubes and fry in vegetable oil until browned.


Add tofu to the sweet %26amp; sour sauce.


Bake at 350 F for approx. 2 hours stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven 30 minutes before serving to let the sauce thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment