Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am converting to a vegetarian diet does anyone have any tofu recipes that taste good?

I am trying to become a vegetarian for health reasons.Does anyone have any good Tofu recipes that do not contain any peppers, tomatoes, vinegar, or Orange Juice that actually taste good? I cannot eat highly acidic foods because I had my gallbladder removed.I am converting to a vegetarian diet does anyone have any tofu recipes that taste good?
I saw some friends make deep fried tofu coated with rice flour. I tried it and it was great. You could make a dip from cream mixed with spices. Normaly I just cube it and add to vege stews and noodle dishes. Some spices I use are tumeric, Asafoetida / AKA Hing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida)鈥?/a> various herbs, black salt sometimes, cumin seeds, ground coriander seeds, black mustard seed popped in hot oil. Usually I saute the spices in hot oil before adding to main dish.





The other thing I really like is tofu steak or TSP patties. I know for some it might remind them of meat, but I have been vege for over 26 years and have no desire for meat. I just like the taste and convenience of a burger shaped spiced piece of tofu. Actually way better than tofu is paneer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paneer). Fried on a pan and topped with some sort of sauce and veggies on the side, lol, I'm getting hungry now. I could go on and on, but there are so many good web sites with recipes and ideas. Besides, now I will go cook something, lol. There are so many dishes to make once you get into it. I wish you the best and good health.I am converting to a vegetarian diet does anyone have any tofu recipes that taste good?
Do you have any idea what soy products do to your body, why would you want to eat it??








* High levels of phytic acid in soy reduce assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc. Phytic acid in soy is not neutralized by ordinary preparation methods such as soaking, sprouting and long, slow cooking. High phytate diets have caused growth problems in children.





* Trypsin inhibitors in soy interfere with protein digestion and may cause pancreatic disorders. In test animals soy containing trypsin inhibitors caused stunted growth.





* Soy phytoestrogens disrupt endocrine function and have the potential to cause infertility and to promote breast cancer in adult women.





* Soy phytoestrogens are potent antithyroid agents that cause hypothyroidism and may cause thyroid cancer. In infants, consumption of soy formula has been linked to autoimmune thyroid disease.





* Vitamin B12 analogs in soy are not absorbed and actually increase the body's requirement for B12.





* Soy foods increase the body's requirement for vitamin D.





* Fragile proteins are denatured during high temperature processing to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein.





* Processing of soy protein results in the formation of toxic lysinoalanine and highly carcinogenic nitrosamines.





* Free glutamic acid or MSG, a potent neurotoxin, is formed during soy food processing and additional amounts are added to many soy foods.





* Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum which is toxic to the nervous system and the kidneys.
I like to use tofu to replace eggs in dishes I used to love.





Scrambled Tofu (just search) is really easy and delicious





I also make a tofu salad (Crumble up tofu, add mayo and mustard, any spices you like and stir).





I also use tofu as an ';egg'; for breakfast sandwiches (Slice the tofu 1/4 in thick and then I pan fry in a smidge of oil and turmeric (gives a nice yellow color) until heated through. Then I make a sandwich using cheese and a bagel or bread
i honestly hate tofu! It is nasty! and I am a vegan. Maybe instead of cooking all of that healthy food and killing all of the enzimes in your vegies, you should find some raw recipies! my fave is


Zuccini pasta
Hello There





I love tofu, I read really good stuff on tofu at this website: http://www.goweightlossdiets.com





Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment