Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tofu with texture--know any good recipes or techniques?

I would love to make my tofu have soem texture not just firm on the outside from frying and then the soft gooey insides. I've had this before so I know it can be done. I am already well aware of firm and extra firm tofu so that won't be much help. Brownie points if its vegan and/or spicy.Tofu with texture--know any good recipes or techniques?
Well, my tofu technique described in my profile makes it chewy all the way through. If you don't freeze it and you just press it, you may get the crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside texture you want.





As for spiciness, you can pick your own seasonings. After all, this is technique you want, right?Tofu with texture--know any good recipes or techniques?
I dig chewy tofu, so I freeze then thaw my tofu. It makes for quicker pressing, too.
How about a tofu scramble?





It's diced tofu, soy sauce, vegetables, turmeric, garlic powder, and salt.
Can i just get the brownie?? i'm just kidding.. here ya go..


http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=557.0
hot and sour soup is awesome, look it up at foodnetwork.com or chefs.com
If you freeze your tofu it seems to have a firmer texture when defrosted and cooked.


There's an awesome recipe in Veganomicon for tofu....it's basically tofu coated in a spicy mixture then fried so it's almost like a kind of spicy vegan fish finger....it's really good, but I don't feel right giving out other people's recipes...get the book...you won't regret it!
try grilling with with some flavor powder that healthy like spices herb

No comments:

Post a Comment