Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do you prepare tofu and where can I get some recipes?

I meant to say thanks guys. hahaHow do you prepare tofu and where can I get some recipes?
When I cook tofu I drain it and put it in a cast iron skillet.





I let it cook for 12-20 minutes - kind of a slow boil until it get dry.





Then I put what ever theme I am cooking for that meal;





Bar B Q - onions, green pepper, garlic, BBQ sauce (or ketchup and a couple of spoons of brown sugar).





Or Mushrooms, green pepper and onion





Or Chinese style with Chinese vegetables, soy sauce, or peanut sauce...





Or I make sauce for pasta and add the cooked tofu instead of beef.





I like my tofu recipes to be cooked the day before. I find that the texture is better if I cook it and leave it in the fridge overnight.








---------------------------------


The salt %26amp; pepper tofu sounds like dinner tomorrow.





Thanks for the recipe.How do you prepare tofu and where can I get some recipes?
Just go to your local food store and you can buy tofu, You can get it already marinated, or you can do that yourself, My favorite flavor is honey soy, make it with a stir fry and its just perfect, Its simple to cook just in a pan with some sun flour oil, Hope this helped. And you can find recipes anywhere on the internet, I look at www.taste.com.au and search vegetarian. Just have too keep your eyes open there is recipes everywhere.
Salt %26amp; pepper tofu!





Beat salt, pepper %26amp; sezchuan seasoning into a bowl of cornflour with a little bit of water.





Slice tofu into cubes and dip in a beaten egg (organic/free range, of course and if you're a vegan you can do without the egg).





Roll tofu into the flour and pan fry in olive oil until golden and crispy.





Serve with salad and dipping sauce: rice wine vinegar, lemon, sesame oil, chilli %26amp; a tiny splash of soy.





Simple, cheap, healthy, tastes awesome!
I like to add it into my stir fry with all my favourite veggies ( carrots, celery, broccoli lots of broccoli, cauliflour, mushrooms ) and add Black Bean sauce with a clove of garlic chopped.
http://vegweb.com search tofu

No comments:

Post a Comment