Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need any tasty tofu recipes you can send me. T Y V M AC?

Never have used tofu before. I have a lot to learn. So Please, send what you know from personal experience gives great taste and people who have never tried it will never know what they're eating. Thanks in advance, ACI need any tasty tofu recipes you can send me. T Y V M AC?
I crumble up soft tofu with salt, garlic, and herbs and use it in lasagna in place of ricotta. Another sneaky way to go about doing it is to blend silken tofu with tomato sauce or pesto to make a creams sauce. And there two great ways to do it for dessert. Take silken tofu, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla. Blend, and you have chocolate pudding, great on its own or used as a filling between cake layers. And here's a recipe for Tofu Banana Bread, no one will ever know....





Tofu Banana Bread:





2 1/2 cups flour (whatever kind you prefer)


1/2-1 cup sugar (calls for 1, but I find less is good if the bananas are super sweet)


1/4 cup canola or olive oil


2 cups mashed banana


3/4 cup silken tofu (the kind in the box)


1/2 t baking powder


1/2 t baking soda


1/4 cup walnuts or pecans


1 t vanilla


1 1/2 t cinnamon


1/4 t nutmeg


1/4 t ground ginger





Cream tofu, sugar, oil, and half of the mashed banana. Stir in remaining banana and vanilla.


Sift dry ingredients together. Combine with wet mixture. Fold in nuts.


Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 F for 40-55 minutes.I need any tasty tofu recipes you can send me. T Y V M AC?
I slice the tofu up into domino sized peices (use extra firm tofu) and marinate them in soy sauce, orange ginger sauce and sweet chili pepper sauce for about an hour. Then i put it all on a med- high non stick fry pan and keep flipping them until they start to turn brown. You can put this on some Udon noodles or eat them just as they are- you'd never know it is tofu...
I agree with the post by Tikki G. Use the firm when you first start out.





I prefer to use soy paste most of the time instead of soy sauce. I like to use Italian seasoning for the spices. Prepare as described in the first post.
Well if you want to hide it - I find it can EASILY be hidden for added protien to mac and cheese, lasagne (or any pasta really if you crumble it up - works especially well with rocatta cheese - if you eat cheese).





I think my favortie and easy standard though is making a pot of hot and sour soup. I have used this one a couple of time - I find it needs a bit of salt and I personally like to make it extra hot - then I buy crispy noodles from the store.





Ingredients:


12 ounces Fresh, firm tofu; rinse/dry


6 medium Asparagus stalks; trimmed


4 cups Chicken broth


1 teaspoon Sugar


3 tablespoons Cider vinegar


1 tablespoon Soy sauce


1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper


3 dashes Tabasco sauce





Directions:





Cut the tofu in 1/2-inch squares. Peel the asparagus stems if they are tough or gritty; cut asparagus in 1/8-inch slices, on a steep diagonal.





Put all the ingredients except the asparagus in a large saucepan; cover the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute more.

No comments:

Post a Comment